Monday, July 04, 2005

Post-Post SBL Conference: Monday

I seem to be stuttering. Or is that stammering?

And incidentally, are these terms politically correct? I wouldn't want to offend the stutterers and stammerers among us. Oops . . . I mean the . . . um . . .

Let's see, according to the online Merriam-Webster, stutter is "akin to . . . Gothic stautan to strike," and stammer is related to "Old Norse stemma to hinder, damn up."

So . . . stutterers and stammerers could be . . . something like . . . "the violent" and "the damned"?

This simply won't do. I say that we put an immediate stop to etymology. That's my politically correct position from now on. I even have a slogan:

"Root out etymology!"

Okay, that's out of the way. Now, down to business. Mark Cheeseman has completed (it seems) his SBL entries:

http://www.deinde.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=268

http://www.deinde.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=269

We're still waiting for that 'promised' surprise, Mark. As for Tim Bulkeley (I keep wanting to say "Berkeley"), he hasn't yet added any posts for the sessions after Wednesday, but I'll keep you posted if he does.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home