Sunday, March 22, 2009

Fashionable Gypsy Scholar

I guess that Gypsy Scholar is all the rage now, for I discovered a morning or two ago that my blog is being 'followed' by a fashion model . . . maybe even two of them, as we see from these two images:




I know what you're all thinking:
"Well, of course, fashion models read Gypsy Scholar! Everybody who's anybody reads Gypsy Scholar!"
True, but they don't usually officially 'follow' my blog. My seven other followers don't look like fashion models.

So . . . I checked the first fashion model above. She's the one actually linked as following me. Her name is Annalee Noir, and she has a blog: Noir: A Fashion Blog. The other model -- who I think is Edward Cullen (also an actor) -- doesn't officially 'follow' me, but I'm assuming that he must be an unofficial follower.

At least, I did think these things . . . that Cullen and Noir were fashion models following my blog . . . until I looked a bit more closely at the Noir site:
Annalee Noir is also known as "Annalee Hodges."
That set my mental gears whirring. Did I have a cousin named "Annalee"? I certainly have a lot of Hodges cousins, far too many to keep track of. But the name "Annalee" for a cousin struck no bells. But suddenly, something began to click. Annalee Hodges looked familiar.
"Gazer," I thought.
For a moment, I wondered why I'd thought that. But I knew that I'd met Annalee somewhere.
"Oh, of course," I realized, "she's Justin's wife."
Justin (the second 'model' above) is my nephew, son of my brother Tim. Gazer is his band. I met Annalee in Arkansas just over a year ago, in February of 2008, when I took my wife and kids to my hometown of Salem. Justin introduced me to her.

Mystery solved.

But they still look like fashion models to me. You can find more images at "Annalee Noir's Photostream," on Flickr, including photos of the band Gazer. The band also has its own website, where you can listen to some of its music:
Gazer on MySpace Music
I'll leave it up to my readers to puzzle out precisely what sort of musical genre Gazer belongs to. It ain't country, but it sounds good anyway . . . and vaguely recalls the music of Jim Morrison and The Doors, at least for me.

Consider this entry a plug for Gazer.

Labels: , , , , ,

12 Comments:

At 6:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Guardian (UK) has recently run a couple of pieces on the subject of people who say they have read (but haven't) certain classics, or subscribe (but don't) to certain prestigious publications, so to advance themselves socially at wine-and cheese gatherings, and their like.

This scenario may now extend to learned blogs like yours. So, expect more "followers", who, if young men, may only "follow" your blog to curry favour with the high-minded young women they fancy.

 
At 7:05 AM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Sounds good. Now if I can just make this lucrative for me...

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 
At 7:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I take high offense to your remark that all seven of us "do not look like fashion models."

While I admit to not wearing the highest of "high fash accoutremont" (sorry my French isn't too good). I do know an appearance by me on the cover of GQ would produce swarms of squirming female subscribers to same, at least for that issue. All, I would add, qualified to walk the runway.

And I don't mean an Alitalia runway.

JK

 
At 7:25 AM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Well, of course, you look like a fashion model, JK.

Which one are you?

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 
At 9:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The one that looks like a model airplane. Specifically, the Wright Glider.

They've got me hanging in the Smithsonian after all.

If that isn't properly quantified qualifications - well - I don't know what else could be.

I mean, heck, the government decides what hangs in the Smithsonian after all. Can you think of a higher artistic (in terms of "fashion model" qualified) decider than that?

JK

 
At 9:34 AM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Well, you're certainly made of the Wright stuff.

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 
At 10:57 AM, Blogger Hathor said...

YOU DIDN'T REMEMBER YOUR NEPHEW?
Shame on you.

 
At 1:52 PM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Yes, Hathor, thank you for pointing that out (must remember to block your future comments).

But I have an excuse. My nephew is a lot taller than I am, so I'd never seen him from that angle before.

Besides, he looks rather pale in that photo, but he's normally one of the darker ones in our family, having Cherokee on both sides. He must not get outside much now that he's in a rock-and-roll band. Or maybe he really is the star of Twilight and thus must stay out of the sun.

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 
At 5:14 AM, Blogger Malcolm Pollack said...

That Justin certainly looks like Jim Morrison; is it a coincidence that his band sounds like the Doors?

 
At 5:47 AM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Malcolm, I don't know, but he's the bass player and only a backup on vocals.

I'll have to ask about influences.

Did you listen to their music and have the same impression?

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 
At 11:34 AM, Blogger Malcolm Pollack said...

Listen? Well, no, not yet - was just taking your word for it...

 
At 3:43 PM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Well, if you get a chance . . . but I'm pleased to be trusted.

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 

Post a Comment

<< Home