Saturday, February 19, 2011

"Duck, I say."

Yesterday, on my En-Uk's Art Blog, my son drew a California surfer with a surfboard crammed into his mouth:


Just kidding. It's actually a drawing of a rude little boy sticking out his enormous, yellow tongue. Nah, still just kidding. That would be unforgiven.

He actually titled it: "The Strong Duck." I liked the image immediately upon seeing it when En-Uk asked me to proofread his English before he posted it to his blog, and I laughed out loud. Here's what my son wrote:
This drawing is called "The Strong Duck." I made this drawing because I like "The Strong Duck" comedy I made. Bye.
Dario Rivarossa liked it, too:
Wond-er-ful! I will draw him myself, then send you the picture by email through Daddy, ok?
Dario sent his own 'strong duck' drawing:


I think Dario's rendition deserves the title, "The Stronger Duck," for it's obviously more muscular, displaying those 'dukes of death', and even resembles a superhero . . . though I'm not sure that it fits the bill as a stand-in for En-Uk's duck. Dario, by the way, asked the question that's on all our minds:
What does the comedy deal with? (In brief.)
Yes, on all our minds is the topic of brevity! I debriefed En-Uk and briefly reported:
It's a divine comedy: The Strong Duck is searching through the universe for God because he holds God at fault for his appearance and is going to demand that He pay the bill, but the joke's on the duck because his looks don't stem from unnatural selection at all but from a natural process of adapting to being a bottom feeder, which strikes the duck as an insult, for he misunderstands God's description of the adaptation, so he challenges God to a duel, and . . . but I've already said too much.
As the Koreans say, "If you know too much, you will die." Or at least one Korean said that once, in a conversation class that I taught one time in an English Academy about ten years ago in Daegu. But no matter who said it, or how many times, or where it was said, it's true.

Think, for instance, of Adam and Eve . . .

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At 7:22 AM, Blogger Poetry of the Day said...

duck i say indeed
Poetry for Android

 
At 7:43 AM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

We'd all better duck when that android strikes the earth.

Oh, wait . . . that's asteroid.

Never mind . . .

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 
At 3:28 PM, Anonymous dhr said...

Duck Ordo!

("d'accordo", agree!)

 
At 5:34 PM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Just ducky with me . . .

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 

Post a Comment

<< Home