Wednesday, November 23, 2011

How do you like them apples, Mister Hiss?

Visionaire Issue 61: Larger Than Life

If only Eve had been more like Lilith, she might have said, "Hell no, I don't want none of your stinkin' apples, Mister Hiss! I've a hunger of a different sort."

I saw this image of Marina Abramovic by Martin Schoeller in the New York Times, posted in a Suzy Menkes article, "Thinking, and Literally Looking, Very Big" (November 21, 2011), and just couldn't let pass an opportunity to bring in Milton's Paradise Lost . . . sort of.

The image comes originally from the magazine Visionaire, and you can click on a loud, flashly website to investigate further if you like that sort of thing.

Ms. Abramovic is a Serbian performance artist based in New York City . . .

Labels: , , , , ,

10 Comments:

At 6:19 AM, Blogger ilTassista Marino said...

Monty Pythoness

 
At 6:54 AM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Mounting Python Mess!

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 
At 9:24 AM, Anonymous Trey said...

Jeffrey,Thank you for your post, I’ve got started reading that will right after couple min, I uncovered it worth it to read. Only want to say thanks…

 
At 11:32 AM, Blogger "It was written" - Nas said...

I dig it ;)

 
At 1:23 PM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Trey, I bet you say that to all the bloggers. In fact, I know you do because I Googled your words, which came up multiple times.

And you didn't even get my name right!

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 
At 1:24 PM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

At your service, milady . . .

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 
At 3:39 PM, Blogger ilTassista Marino said...

well, Jeffery, still dealing with Genesis ch. 3, after a not-very-original web sin, we got our Ash Trey now.

ststsh [word verification]

 
At 4:21 PM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Au contraire! His website is Trey bone!

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 
At 4:54 AM, Blogger Kirk A. Cochran Jr. said...

Hi Jefferey.

I'm a graduate student at Mississippi State University and I'm doing research on psychological movement in Paradise Lost & Paradise Regained.

While on EBSCOhost, I came across your essay "When Did Adam Fall in Paradise Lost?" The abstract sounds very interesting and I'm sure it would be very helpful for my research.

Unfortunately, my university doesn't carry the journal that your work was published in. I wanted to know if you could email me a copy for scholarly purposes.

If this is possible, please contact me at cochran.kirk@gmail.com

Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you,

Kirk

P.S.
I apologize for contacting you so informally. I googled and googgled, but could find no way to contact you, other than your blog.

 
At 6:20 AM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

I'm hard to find, but Milton List messages would provide my address.

I've sent you an email.

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 

Post a Comment

<< Home