Saturday, September 07, 2013

On Especially Hating Misanthropes . . .


From an announcement in Dr. Boli's Celebrated Magazine (Thursday, September 5, 2013), we learn that:
The Fraternal and Benevolent Order of Misanthropes is Now Rejecting Applications.

To expedite your rejection, please leave your application in the box marked "Applications" to the left of the front door, not the box to the right of the front door, which is clearly marked "U.S. Mail," and for heaven's sake how much more obvious could we make it to you morons?
Well, while I have no love for humanity, I especially hate misanthropes! Not that I'd wish them any ill -- my contribution would be far more active than simple, ineffective wishes! I thus have zero interest in their "Fraternal and Benevolent Order," and I gave them a piece of my mind about their 'advice' on submitting an application for rejection:
And if I put it in the box to the right, it'll be . . . what, rejected? Couldn't you misanthropes come up with a more efficient system for rejecting applications? But don't fret! I won't even be applying! I hope that doesn't mean you'll be offering me membership, because if you do, I'll just throw that offer right back in your faces! In fact, I hope you do offer me membership so I can do exactly that!
But I'll not hold my breath waiting while these misanthropes ponder if they hate me enough to not offer me membership or enough to offer me membership . . .

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 8:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's a "Misanthrope" as I'll need something more than your post.

I suppose there's an OED onit - let's have that shall we Perfesser?

JK

 
At 8:38 AM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

That question's too tough for an old hillbilly like me, JK.

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 

Post a Comment

<< Home