Monday, June 09, 2014

Finally, someone who likes my first name . . .

David Lindsay Barch

David Lindsay Barch over at the Marmot's Hole recently urged posters (but didn't 'insist' on commentators) to use their real, full names:
I'm gonna (again) suggest that ANYONE who's invited to post on MH -- Korean or not -- agree to dispense with their anonymity, man-up (or woman-up), and use their real names when posting.

(I've long since given up asking commentators to do the same.)
Note that "given up asking" doesn't mean given up expecting . . . so I complained:
Dammit! You mean I got to start manning up that I'm really "Horace"? Well, does that sound like a name to 'man' up to? Nuh-uh! No way! Just manning up to "Jeffery" is embarrassment enough!
D. L. Barch -- he prefers D. L. (maybe he's "Divine Light") -- assured me that "Horace" is a grand name:
"Horace" is an awesome name, man! (Though, truth be told, I'd probably go with "Horatius," but that's just how I roll.)
I acknowledged the compliment:
'Tis true I am a poet . . .
And I've got proof!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 5:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My father, James Horace Hodges went by the middle name.
Three of my brothers went by their middle names: William Elmo, Thurman Paul and Harold Buel.
Lots of preachers use the first initial and middle name.
H. Jeffery could do this.
However, it wouldn't work for me.
Can you picture me signing my name as C. Bazzil?

Cran

 
At 6:25 AM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Actually, "Bazzil" is a cool name . . . though I can understand why you might not think so.

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 

Post a Comment

<< Home