Saturday, November 22, 2014

Funny how things return . . . or the times, they aren't a-changing . . .

Archibald MacLeish
Wikipedia

In Chronicles, Volume 1, Bob Dylan reminisces about Archibald MacLeish, who 'wrote' Dylan a letter, inviting collaboration:
Archie's letter said that he'd like to meet with me to discuss the possibility of me composing some songs for a play that he was writing, called Scratch, based on a Stephen Vincent Benet short story. (Dylan, Chronicles, Volume 1)
That collaboration never transpired, but of interest to me is that the short story by Benet was "The Devil and Daniel Webster," the tale that so deeply influenced my novella, The Bottomless Bottle of Beer.

And I've used a MacLeish poem, "The End of the World," as the 'prescript' to a new story of mine . . .

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home