Saturday, March 21, 2015

Mark James Russell: Young-hee and the Pullocho

Young-hee and the Pullocho

I received an email invitation yesterday to a book-launching. The invite was from Mark James Russell, an acquaintance of my Expat Living days, if I recall correctly, back when I wrote columns for The Korea Herald:
So, at long, long last, my first novel, Young-hee and the Pullocho is out. Yay. I'm celebrating my first foray into fiction with a party, and you're invited - to Mudaeruk, a very cool bar in the Hongdae/Sangsu neighborhood.

We'll have some free food and beer (and you can always order wine and other things, too). I just ask that you please buy a copy of the book - it's just 10,000 won, cheap - and try to leave a short comment on Amazon, Kyobo Books or some other online bookstore.

Of course, feel free to bring along husbands/wives, friends, or anyone who might be interested . . .
That last line left the impression that this might be an open invitation, but upon checking with Mark, I discovered my error - the invite was to me - so I've corrected my earlier post, deleting the details of date and time:

launches
YOUNG-HEE
and the
PULLOCHO
by
Mark James Russell
at

Tuttle labels the book a YA (Young Adult), but Amazon says for grades 4 - 6. Amazon allows a peek inside, so you can read some to get a taste for the genre and appropriate age.

And don't forget my novella, The Bottomless Bottle of Beer . . .

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 2:47 PM, Blogger Kevin Kim said...

Any plans to translate this into Korean for Korean audiences?

 
At 4:03 PM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

You'd have to check with Mr. Russell on that.

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 

Post a Comment

<< Home