Wednesday, July 22, 2015

The NecronomiCon Providence Team Contacts Me . . .

H. P. Lovecraft
NecronomiCon

I recently received an email circular with the above photo announcing yet another NecronomiCon get-together in Providence, R.I. (2015) to the memory of H.P. Lovecraft. I am told that "Preparations are wrapping up . . . , and we know there is much movement on all horizons as folks from around the world prepare for their pilgrimages to the sacred city, Providence," which sounds vaguely ominous, especially as "some quick and pertinent details" are dragged into my consciousness, e.g., "the Eldritch Ball and Cthulhu Prayer Breakfast," tickets to which "will go on sale . . . Wednesday, 22 July, at 5 p.m. EST!" That sounds remarkably like today.

What's my connection to all this?

I include much detail about Lovecraft and Cthulhu in my novella The Bottomless Bottle of Beer, so perhaps that's a reason I get emails such as this one, and I welcome it.

You can learn more about NecronomiCon at the Facebook site . . .

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 12:46 PM, Blogger ilTassista Marino said...

>That sounds remarkably like today.

A true Lovecraftian critter like you should not be stopped by silly four-dimensional, human problems like Time.

 
At 1:36 PM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Particularly given the fact of a little thing known as the International Date Line.

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 

Post a Comment

<< Home