Saturday, September 12, 2015

A Literary Gift . . .


Regular readers will recall that a writer named Tim Fitts contacted me a few weeks ago out of common interests in Korea and literature, for he was reading Jang Jung-Il's story When Adam Opens His Eyes - which Sun-Ae and I translated - and he thought to get in contact, which led to this gift of his story "Sand on Sand Yellow," which begins this way:
The three friends, cruising on I-40 between Cameron, Arizona and Los Angeles, found themselves discussing the Old Testament practice of sequestering women outside the city walls during menstruation . . .
I don't want to give away any plot spoilers, so I'd better stop here since the story is only 23 pages, but if that first sentence gets you interested, then you'll want to voraciously ingest the entire melancholy baby!

Not that Leon Redbone has anything to do with this story . . .

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home