Thursday, January 14, 2016

Poetry Break: "The Pin-Head Prance"


I think - actually, I now know, having checked - that I posted this poem once before, but given that it appears in my published tale "The Uncanny Story," available in Emanations: 2 + 2 = 5, where two characters, Vladimir and Kropot, dance to its rhythm, I have an excuse to post it again:
The Pin-Head Prance
To stand upright will ask thee skill?
That was a bit of overkill!
We smitten with amazement fall?
Oh, that won't happen, not at all!
Come join us in a happy throng --
And see if you can dance along!
We prance as on a steel pin head --
You do it too, or you'll be dead!
Those of you with the anthology, Emanations: 2 + 2 = 5, will find this poem on page 422. For interested readers, you might note that this poem's inspiration comes from the third temptation set up by Satan in Paradise Regained, but I'll leave it at that . . .

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home