Sunday, February 28, 2016

Sun-Ae slightly injured in fall . . .

Dangerous Floor!
Japan a Safe Country?
Google Images

My wife and two children are in Japan for four days, and I received an alarming email about 12:30 a.m. Saturday:
Daddy, Mama slipped on the bathroom floor and got a fracture on her right arm (wrist). We managed to get her to the emergency center at a nearby hospital and now she has a bandage cast. Also, she's taking painkillers. Nothing too serious, but inconvenient for Mama since she has to have a cast on for 6 weeks. Anyway, I'll take good care of her, so don't worry too much.
That was from my elder child, but I answered immediately to Sun-Ae:
I am worried. I hope the pain is not bad. I wish I were there to take care of you. I hope your trip is not ruined. I am going to bed and hope to hear tomorrow that you can still enjoy the trip.
I wrote again around 5:00 p.m. Saturday, worried that I'd heard nothing all day:
How is your arm? . . . [Are the kids] taking good care of you? . . . Let me hear from you . . .
About 8:30 p.m., an answer came, first from the younger:
Mama is okay. We got up at 12:00 PM . . . [and are] taking good care of Mom.
Then from the elder:
Actually, Mama is taking so good care of herself that I keep forgetting the fact that she can't use her right arm. She even uses chopsticks with her left hand. I guess this proves that she's the most talented (not sure if this is the right term) in our family. Anyway, nothing to worry about! Hope you have a great time enjoying the two days left by yourself.
I now sign off here to answer there . . .

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 10:06 AM, Blogger Kevin Kim said...

I'm sorry to read that this happened. May the Missus recover well and quickly. Please convey my wishes to her.

 
At 10:44 AM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Thanks, Kevin. I'll let her know.

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 
At 8:53 AM, Anonymous Malcolm Pollack said...

What Kevin said, Jeffery.

 
At 10:16 AM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Thanks, Malcolm.

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 

Post a Comment

<< Home