Monday, June 27, 2016

For literary advice . . .

Proud Student
Google Images

A young writer I've sometimes advised on writing fiction sent me an email yesterday:
I just completed the Iowa Young Writers' Studio yesterday . . . The past two weeks have been a really enlightening experience. I was at first intimidated by the other students in my workshop group, . . . and most spoke very intelligently. As the workshop progressed, I was able to make many close friends and received a lot of good comments and helpful critiques on my stories. Those in my workshop group found my stories about different aspects of Korean society quite intriguing, and seemed eager to read more of them . . . . [T]he Kenyon Young Writers Workshop that starts tomorrow afternoon. Thank you so much again for helping me with my applications.
Yeah, I give practical advice, too. All  I need do is reflect on my own past decisions and advise that you do the opposite.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 12:46 PM, Blogger Carter Kaplan said...

Yes, but those same reflections are what you are such a good writer.

 
At 2:28 PM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

You mean "why," not "what."

Jeffery Hodges

@ @ @

 

Post a Comment

<< Home