Monday, October 03, 2016

Sully - A Film Koreans Must See


Kevin Kim has posted a good review - with plot-spoilers - of the film Sully. I see more tension in the film than he finds, though I (like everybody else) know the story. Eastwood does a good job in getting the tension to build by . . . well, I won't give anything away. I will, however, quote my words of comment to Kevin's post:
The film is one Koreans need to see. They'll get to watch people doing what people should do in an emergency. Maybe they'll even stop wondering where President Park was for five or six hours that day of the Sewol sinking and instead look at their own failure to be prepared, their pattern of waiting passively to be rescued, and their tendency to blame hidden forces higher up for 'planning' such accidents.
That sounds rather harsh, I reckon, but the Korean mentality on accidents has to change. I could say a lot more on these points, but I don't want to go off on a rant.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home